Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Invisible by Katja Kamm


In this book, items and people appear and disappear as they blend in with the color of the background. The bright, flashy colors reappear as you turn to the next page. Something that really surprised me was that there is no plot development or main character. I have NEVER come across a book with no plot or main character! The sole purpose of this book is to teach children what invisible means, and the illustrations do accomplish this task. It was entertaining flipping from page to page watching to see what would be invisible next. If a 21 year old can be entertained by this visually pleasing book, I'm sure a little kid could be too! However, you have picked up the wrong book if your intention is to dive in and find a story within the pictures. I will admit to flipping through the pages a few times thinking to myself, "What am I missing here?"

No comments:

Post a Comment