Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Children's Literature so far..

Exploring various children's literature has been a great experience for me. Obviously, because I am going into the field of teaching, becoming familiar with different books,
genres, authors etc is really important to me. Reflecting back on my grade school experience, I only remember teachers reading novels (Charlotte's Web and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe), never picture books. I have been in search of picture books and novels that will be great read-alouds for my future classroom. Many of the books reviewed on my blog will serve this purpose. Coming into this, I was basically in the frame of mind that I needed to find books that would appeal to children of all different ages..I did not realize that so many of the books would have such a strong effect on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment