Monday, March 9, 2009

A Good Day, A Great Book!


Props to Kevin Henkes on his wonderful book A Good Day! It is simple, yet satisfying. This book will without a doubt be on my classroom shelf no matter what grade I am teaching. It teaches a great lesson that no matter how bad things may seem, change is right around the corner. It teaches us to not stress out about the little things in life and to focus on what is truly important. If you have a bad day that doesn't seem to improve, tomorrow will be better. This book was calming and comforting, leading me to read it everyday for about a week. It is just one of those books that you can turn to when you need to relax and remind yourself to take a deep breath. I particularly envisioned myself reading this to students with special needs on a daily basis. Because I am studying special education, I have been searching for simple books that are motivating. A Good Day fits this description! Finally a book I've been looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment