Monday, May 11, 2009

All in Just One Cookie By Susan Goodman


This book was included in my text set because of its creative appeal and successful incorporation of interesting information. Grandma sets out to make a delicious batch of chocolate chip cookies, with her 2 sidekicks (her pet dog and cat) assisting her along the way. She puts the ingredients in the mixing bowl one by one, with an explanation of where each ingredient came from quickly following. It reminded me of making cookies with a little kid. Kids are extremely curious about every little thing and want to know exactly what you are putting in the bowl, why it's going in and why it's called what it is. I would love to buy this book and have it laying out on the counter the next time I go to make cookies with my little cousins or the little kids I babysit. They would absolutely love it!


Did I forget to mention that the cat and dog are the ones providing the info?! Isn't that clever?!


No comments:

Post a Comment