Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Final reflection, yes. end of blogging, NO!

Well, this blogging assignment has been one of my memorable engagements since entering the college of ed. When times were rough (and there were many of them this semester), there was one thing I always knew I could turn to...my blog! It was relaxing, fun and most of all, inspiring.

It was exceptionally refreshing to be able to write from my heart without having to worry about making silly grammatical errors. To be honest, having a blog motivated me to write better. Throughout the semester, I wrote sincere, thoughtful critiques about books while also focusing on grabbing the attention of readers. Additionally, my blog is a representation of my personality, whereas a piece of white paper with black letters is not. It forced me to truly evaluate the types of assignments we present students with. There is no point in making children do something that they won't get anything out of. Rather, we need to give them the opportunity to be creative and put their heart into something that reflects who they are as a person; it is in such an environment where their full potential will shine through.

I look forward to my continuation of blogging throughout the rest of my time in the College of Education and am excited to keep with it when I have a classroom of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment